As a pioneer in the Sri Lankan tourism industry we understand our unspoken obligation towards committing to sustainable growth and development within the country’s tourism system. Our overarching sustainable policy is built on the two fundamental pillars of ‘Environmentally Friendly’ and ‘Socially Accountable’ highlighting our formal pledge to the protection, conservation and upliftment of the Triple Bottom line in and out of our company’s boundaries.
Using energy sparingly– We commit to minimizing environmental impacts in the areas of energy, water and waste within our company
– We continuously monitor and review our internal energy, water and waste usage to unceasingly improve our internal environment management.
Elevating the environment quality– We contribute to the protection and upliftment of sites with natural/environmental importance through carefully planned projects.
– We strictly prohibit the offering of any tourism activities that harm humans, animals, plants, natural resources and or any activity which are environmentally unacceptable
Contributing to plastic reduction– We advocate staff members to use glass or reusable plastic water bottles for internal use
– We demotivate internal staff to limit the usage of single use plastic within the company by not brining in small single use plastic water bottles and plastic straws for internal use
Genuine respect for employees– We ensure equality within the workplace where all our employees have an equal chance and access of necessary resources and opportunities for personal development
– We strictly prohibit any form of discrimination with regards to recruitment, conditions of employment and/or career progression within the company
– We provide employees fair wages that is above the legal minimum wage requirement and medical insurance in lieu with the national law
Sincere devotion to stakeholders– We ensure not to be involved with any excursion provider that engages in harvesting, displaying, consuming and/or selling wildlife species illegally
– We motivate clients to purchase souvenirs from locals based in small communities to support local economic systems
– We give higher preference towards working with local tour guides and drivers and other related local staff in our business operations
– We prioritize on working with local accommodation providers to ensure that local communities in such areas are benefitted from its operations
– We give prominence to excursion providers from local areas to support and uplift local communities by generating them businesses
– We ensure that all our partners including but not limited to excursion providers and tour guides are paid a living wage that is equal to or above the existing industry standard
– We ensure that local, sustainably certified suppliers are given prominence when choosing suppliers to purchase products for internal office usage
– We follow an uncompromising ‘frown upon’ policy on all suppliers that act in a way that harms its surrounding natural and social environments, leading up to termination of working with such suppliers if needed
– We prioritize on suppliers that incorporate elements of local art, architecture and/or local heritage to their businesses when selecting accommodation options for clients
– We strictly prohibit working with any business entity that employs children below the age of 14 across our entire supply chain
Profound dedication to all customers.– We uphold customer privacy in its highest pedestal and ensure that it is not compromised at any given instance
– We provide complete and accurate information to our clients on natural surroundings, local culture, risks and precautions related to health and safety matters in the destination prior to the commencement of a tour
Ardent community commitment– We contribute to the socio-economic development of marginalized communities in rural areas of Sri Lanka through our long-established CSR arm “R.e.V. – Reconstruire et Vivre”.
Our long-standing ethos on socially and environmentally responsible business operations means that our commitment to sustainability spread beyond that of managing our day to day operations in a sustainable manner as personified through several of our signature sustainable projects and initiatives below.